We are on a mission to make Peer Support available when and where you need it.
Vince Caimano and Josh Roberto are the Co-Founders of Peer Support Solutions the company that brings you Hey Peers. They joined their companies together early in 2019 to create Hey Peers.
It wasn't that long ago that I was looking for a support group in the Los Angeles area. The one that I wanted to attend was about 35 miles away meeting at 7 p.m. on a week night. Because of rush-hour traffic, I would have needed to allow two hours to get there. I realized that a group was needed in my community.
I'm an organizational psychologist and had a lot of experience facilitating group learning and development. So, I started a support group in my neighborhood. It grew slowly at first, but after a while we had so many people at our meetings that we had to split the group in two, and then, we needed to start a second meeting.
The participants liked the clear and simple way that we did our meetings. They appreciated that we would review helpful material and work on learning new skills. We regularly asked for feedback and tried to continually improve what we were doing.
In 2009 we launched our first online meetings, probably the very first video-based support groups offered by anyone, anywhere. Since that time, we have become a place where people can come to help and encourage each other with a variety of life issues. I hope you find the help you need here.
I started working on what is now Hey Peers in 2014 when a close family member was hospitalized for mental health reasons. It was during this experience that I realized how challenging our behavioral health system can be. Navigating clinicians, specialists, insurance, medications, and appointments was confusing and costly. While I knew we couldn’t fix everything, I thought if I could make even a small improvement, then I've done something to be proud of.
I’m an IT professional and it has been great to work with Vince and the many organizations and individuals we now jointly serve to bring them peer support. It’s been exciting to develop apps that offer live help and other useful tools for a variety of life challenges. As we have done that, we have paid particular attention to making sure that our participants could connect both safely and securely.
I wish that something like Hey Peers had been available to me and my family years ago. I’m happy to say that we are now able to help many others who are in a similar situation.
I hope that you will find the support you need through Hey Peers and that the burden of your life’s challenges will be reduced.
Peer Support is a proven but underutilized wellness approach
Research shows significant benefits:
- Improves quality of life, including reduction of social isolation and anxiety/stress
- Decreases hospitalization admissions, inpatient days, and overall cost
- Improves engagement experience and satisfaction with services and support
- Applicable for behavioral health, addiction, and physical health/chronic disease treatment and recovery programs
Remove barriers to Peer Support
- The first virtual, on-demand, and dedicated peer-to-peer support app
- Enables existing peer support groups to expand access to those that are not able to attend sessions at a fixed location (replaces or complements in-location sessions)
- A safe, no-barrier opportunity for people to receive help regardless of their geographical or financial situation
- Measures outcomes, attendee experience, and service quality